Friday, October 31, 2008

Cooking Tips - Off the Hook...Part-3...!!!



Although the above shown "Aloo Gobhi Matar" combo looks good, I found that it was not fully cooked when I served it with rice in the first serving / meal. What to do?


Well, to save my subsequent meals - I added more water, chilly powder and salt to the vegetable and heated the mixture for around 10 minutes on "medium" mode - continuously stirring the contents with spoon to avoid any kind of overcooking / burning! I just thought that the heat of water should be sufficient to cook the vegetable mixture to a decent level without overcooking / burning anything. Salt and Chilly was added to avoid diluting the taste of the vegetable because of "extra" water added.

The trick worked superbly! And it saved my DAY (read Aloo Gobhi Matar) !!!


Maybe that's why they say:
"Always use LOGIC,
EVEN if it’s broken it can’t get worse… !!!"

:)



Few tips:

1) Buy "Flour Tortillas" - a good substitute for "Rotis" at US! Use Desi Ghee for taste - it also makes the somewhat hard Tortillas a bit soft, effectively.

2) I found "Nanak Paneer" quite tasty. You can easily get hold of it at Swadesh / Taj store.

No comments: