Sunday, September 30, 2007

IF YOU HAVE IT, FLAUNT IT !

Recently I came across an "interesting profile" on Orkut (not sure about the person) : The guy was quite handsome (as per the pics posted) , that he was a guitarist cum software engineer and was quite FLAUNTING about the fact that he had umpteen Girl Friends. I was scouring through his profile when I read this in the 'BOOKS' section of his profile : "I read MANY BOOKS, but I don't FLAUNT"...BANG ! HERE'S THE CATCH MY FRIEND - You don't mind flaunting your "so many" Girls Friends and Guitar on Orkut but then why NOT BOOKS ?

The best analogy that I could make was this THOUGHT PROVOKING wise-crack from Edward De Bono's "How to Have a Beautiful mind":
"We spend so much on external beauty but why not on one thing which can create a beautiful life for us - MIND !!!"

My thought - When will we start getting ADs on TV quite parallel to those semi-erotic AXE (deo) ADs...? Difference being the focus on MIND rather than the BODY...

Probably the ADVERTISERS are smart enough to realise that voracious book lovers hardly fall for TV...

Food for thought ?

( :

No comments: